Counter-intuitive advice to niching.
Endless content ideas.
The one “social media” everyone uses.
Don’t pick a niche.
Let the niche pick you.
- Explore your interests.
- Create content around those interests.
- Post that content on social media.
Are people engaging with it?
It might be a niche worth exploring.
Are you hearing crickets?
Go back to exploring your interests.
Sometimes you have to throw spaghetti at the wall before you find the niche that sticks.
Here’s what most people get wrong about listening.
- Create polls.
- Send surveys.
- Text/call your customers.
If you actually listened to your customers.
You’d never run out of content ideas.
They will tell you the problems they face.
Be the solution to those problems.
You’ll begin to look like a mind reader if you get good at it.
If you’re reliant on social media to build your business.
You are building a business on rented land.
- You don’t own your Facebook audience - Mark Z does.
- You don’t own your TikTok audience - ByteDance does.
- You don’t own your YouTube audience - Google does.
Social media is incredible for attention.
But terrible for connection.
If you’re not growing your email list, you’re not growing your business.
I have a free 7-Step guide if you want more on that.
Take home point…
- Let your niche pick you.
- Listen… no actually listen to your customers.
- Learn to convert your social media to an email list.
This newsletter was inspired by my interview with Angela Gargano. 👇
Next week you’ll learn how to build a brand that NVR rests.
Until next time,
Host of The Health Hustle Podcast
Pump up your inbox with my 3-Tip Tuesday's marketing tips.