Traditional marketing can feel spammy.
(Ads, outreach and content).
Here are 3 non-traditional ways to generate leads.
That won’t feel spammy.
I used to be terrible at asking for help.
Fearful of looking dumb.
More willing to appear smart… than to be smart.
When in reality… a smart person asks for help.
If you’re wondering if there is some childhood trauma there.
You would be correct.
But that is a conversation for another day.
My point is… you don’t have to do it all in your business.
If you don’t have an audience.
Or have no interest in growing an audience.
Partner with people that already have an audience.
- Who has an email list of your ideal customer?
- Who has a podcast show talking to your ideal customer?
- Who has a social media following of your ideal customer?
Asking for help is a strength… not a weakness.
A positive review from a customer feels amazing.
We get a hit of dopamine and it makes us feel validated.
But if your goal is to grow your business.
It’s essentially useless.
The benefits of getting honest feedback.
- It keeps us humble.
- It can lead to referrals.
- It points out or blind spots.
- It improves future customer experiences.
- It shows that we care about our customers.
Getting honest feedback from your customers.
Will massively increase the likelihood of future leads.
Don’t take it personally.
YOU are not your business.
Positive feedback is great for the ego… but useless for the business.
I used to bulldog my way into communities.
Like trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.
Then I realized I’m already in communities.
- Facebook groups.
- Community workouts.
Why not lean the f-ck into those?
Awww… that feels better.
Join the party.
Get involved with the conversation.
It’s like dating… don’t force it.
Take home point…
- Partner with people who have an audience of your ideal customers.
- Ask for feedback from your people.
- Don’t force a new community… engage with the ones you’re in.
My interview with a physical therapist inspired this newsletter.
Next week, you’ll learn how this bodybuilder went from sleeping on the floor to building a 7-figure coaching business.
Until next time,
Host of The Health Hustle Podcast
Pump up your inbox with my 3-Tip Tuesday's marketing tips.